Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just what is a biodag?

I was thinking the other day that I wanted a place to put some random thoughts. My idea is to have a place to write stuff that just pokes into my brain or cuts into my thought stream. So, I decided to start another blog. I already have one for poems and that really isn't what this one is about anyway.

So, what to name it? The poetry one is "Dirkisms" so I thought I would try another play on "Dirk", so I looked up "dirk" in dictionary.com. It appears that it is a type of dagger or, in Gaelic, a "biodag". Kinda cool name.

I like the somewhat strange idea of metaphorical dagger poking through the veil of daily thought to open a hole in the norm. And, that is what this is all about. I hope to start putting some of my random, poked through the veil of average, thought here because, well, I want to.

Maybe somebody else will find something interesting... we shall see.

enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment